As a date night discussion
Fosters discussion about how romantic love points us to the ultimate love story
- Schedule a “movie rental” date night at home.
- Rent or buy a favorite romantic film. For best results, let her choose!
During The Date
- If you have children at home, put them to bed early.
- Slip into something “comfortable” and watch the film in the privacy of your bedroom.
- After watching spend about 10 minutes discussing the questions below.
- Before going to sleep give one another a very long kiss goodnight!
Take turns answering the following questions…
BOY MEETS GIRL: Every great love story has a “boy meets girl” moment when two individuals find themselves drawn to the other.
- What was that moment for him?
- What was that moment for her?
- What was that moment for you?
OBSTACLES: Name several obstacles keeping the couple apart.
- Was the biggest obstacle external (i.e. another person, distance) or internal (i.e. clashing personalities, fear)?
- What obstacle(s) did the two of you overcome to meet and marry?
MYSTERY: The Apostle Paul called spousal intimacy “a great mystery” because when “two become one” they create a picture of Christ’s marriage to the church. (See Ephesians 5:33)
- Did any actions/choices by the guy model selfless love?
- How about actions/choices by the girl?
- What actions/choices has your spouse made that make you feel loved?
INTIMACY: The most exciting moments of intimacy occur when both individuals seek to please the other rather than themselves.
- Did selfless giving or selfish taking characterize the couple in the film?
- Describe one way you would like to better meet your mate’s needs in daily life and during physical intimacy
© 2010 Inkling Innovations