How can I see my giving history and obtain a giving statement?
Yes! At any time throughout the year you can:
- view past gifts
- create, edit or cancel a one-time or repeating gift schedule
- view, download or print your giving statement for the current year or any past year
by logging in to our secure web site and clicking the My Giving Statement link from the right side menu.
If you would like to request a PDF giving statement be emailed to you at any time, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and one will be emailed to you.
Where do my donations to Blue Oaks Church go?
- General Fund: Makes possible the day-to-day ministries and services of the church, including our weekend services.
- Compassion Fund: Supports our Compassion Ministry and partner organizations.
- Benevolence Fund: Provides help to those in financial hardship in our community.
- Building Fund: Provides for the acquisition of land, buildings and significant facility-related asset purchases or debt financing.
- Scholarship Fund: Helps make events (e.g. camps, conferences, etc.) affordable for those with limited resources.
How does Blue Oaks uphold financial accountability?
We want to avoid any criticism of the way we administer this liberal gift. For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of others.
– 2 Corinthians 8:20-21 (TNIV)
Blue Oaks is committed to honoring God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability to ensure the financial integrity of Blue Oaks remains above reproach. We accomplish this through a system of internal controls and an internal budgeting and reporting process.
- An annual audit is performed by an independent certified public accounting firm. For a copy, see next question.
- Blue Oaks is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), an accreditation agency that is dedicated to helping Christian ministries uphold high standards for responsible stewardship. For more information on the ECFA, visit www.ecfa.org. You may also read this article for more info.
- Contact us to ask general questions about our financial practices.
Can I see the most recent financial statements for the church?
Yes! You can view a PDF of our most recent independent auditor report here:
My employer may match my gifts. What is your Tax ID#?
Many employers will make matching grants to 501(c)(3) charities. To pursue a matching grant to Blue Oaks Church through your employer, please reference our Tax ID # 37-1663533 when you speak to your employers program administrator. This is a great way to multiply your giving to the Lord.
Can I donate stock?
Yes! Blue Oaks Church maintains a brokerage account with Fidelity Investments. For instructions on how to transfer assets from your brokerage firm to Blue Oaks’ account at Fidelity, please see Fidelity’s web page here. Feel free to email email@example.com for additional information.
How late in the year can I make a donation and receive a credit for this year’s taxes?
Per IRS regulations, contributions for each year must be received or postmarked by December 31 in order to receive donation credit for that year’s tax purposes.
I have a question not answered here. Whom can I contact?
We welcome your questions. Feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 925-600-1110