Worry can effect us in a number of ways:
- It keeps us from connecting with others.
- It keeps us from taking risks.
- It keeps us from trusting God.
- It keeps us from living in the moment.
In Philippians 4:6-7 the Apostle Paul instructs us not to worry, but to pray. Pray about everything:
- Pray about whatever is bothering us.
- Pray about our health.
- Pray about our finances.
- Pray about our relationships.
- Pray about our everyday problems and concerns.
Paul doesn’t say our circumstances will always change for the better, but he says, “the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”