We live in an age of outrage, of choosing sides and drawing lines, us-against-them, and the gap between sides grows larger each day. Polarizing discussions divide us over political and religious ideology, culture, gender and equality issues just to name a few. Could it be that when viewing ourselves in a battle, are actually moving away from what Christ has called us to be, Peacemakers.
- I will commit to the work of peacemaking.
- I will seek God’s highest good for others.
- I will take a first step towards someone I don’t agree with.
- I will build a bridge with someone who holds different views than my own.
- I will advance God’s kingdom before my personal cause.